Monday, May 18, 2009

Paddy's backing Jim...

...Allister.

A week or so ago, I expressed my astonishment that Paddy Power was offering 4/1 for Jim Allister to poll more than 60,000. I put it down to a mistake which would soon be ammended to something more realistic (10/1 plus I would have said at that juncture).

But I was wrong...Smilin’ Jim’s odds for polling more than 60,000 have actually shortened, albeit not by a great amount, it’s now showing at 7/2. Most DUP activists online who’ve expressed an opinion have him tagged down at 10000-20000-personally, along with Paddy, I think double that figure is a fair bit more realistic.

I’ve also just put a few bob on 50001-60,000, 6/1, as a counter-speculative.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard the DUP's 'private' polling is indicating 60,000 for the bold Jim, nearly all from the DUP so you may win your bet.

Anonymous said...

I've heard polling saying similar, but also putting Nicholson at 14%. Allister may be taking votes off UUP and DUP.