Time for a completely random, non-politics post I think.
This month's Lonely Planet magazine (not online) has listed its top 10 "snuggest" UK pubs to visit this winter:
10. The Griffin Inn- Fletching, Sussex
9. The Harwood Arms- Fulham, London
8. Applecross Inn- Wester Ross (Scottish Highlands)
7. The Star Inn- Harome, Yorkshire
6. Kelly's Cellars- Belfast
5. The Sportsman- Whitstable, Kent
4. The Hardwick- Abergavenny
3. The Three Fishes- Mitton, Lancashire
2. The Tunnel House Inn- Circencester, Cotswolds
and the winner...
1. The Harrow Inn- Steep, Hampshire.
Kelly's could be perhaps described physically snug in the sense that you couldn't swing a kitten round it, but atmosphere-wise?
Haven't been in any of the other places so I'd certainly welcome any reviews and other places to add to the list.