Friday, July 3, 2009

Try being honest, the public may well accept the truth...

The SNP’s Propaganda Dept must be quaking every time Christine Grahame opens her mouth:
"I'm earning and working for my constituents far more than if I sit hypocritically in the chamber watching a monarch for an institution I do not support.

"I can't speak for other people. I do not think it's a snub."

"I think it's honesty."
But on this particular occasion she has been a lot more honest and less hypocritical than a fair few of the other 45 MSPs who couldn't find the space in their busy diaries to listen to the Queen addressing their parliament. If your republican beliefs are the reason that you didn’t want to listen to the UK's head of state, then at least be straight about it rather than coming up with all kinds of ridiculous excuses (had planned holiday to Argyll 3 months ago, moving office, school cricket tour, left the kettle on, the cat did a runner etc etc).

Stand up for your beliefs and let your electorate judge.
Here's the Conservative and Unionists' constitutional republican wing showing you the way!

2 comments:

Alan Smart said...

I agree totally with this assessemnt. If you are a hard line republican like Christine Graeme, fair enough. But most of the absentees aint - just couldnt really be bothered. Poor show.

the talking cat said...

Alex 'Cromwell' Kane says: "Believing in an elected Head of State doesn't make me an Irish Republican"

Actually it does - just not in the conventional sense of that term.