Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Looks like the NIHRC blown it.

Last Thursday I sent my first ever submission to a Select Committee (Northern Ireland) at Westminster. It concerned the “process towards a Human Rights Bill for Northern Ireland” and I concentrated specifically on the danger that such a bill could pose if it were to move away powers from our legislature towards the judiciary. I found it quite a difficult project to be honest, but fortunately the shambles issued by the NIHRC towards last year helped provide me with enough concrete examples of how this could happen...

Anyway, coincidence or not, this set of comments concerning the matter from Shaun Woodward would appear to indicate that the McWilliams Roadshow is deservedly grinding to a halt.

(To focus any debate, please comment over at Three Thousand Versts)