1. has "extremely high levels" of civil liberties in comparison to other countries, we rank "high in terms of perceived tolerance for immigrants".
2. has the fifth-largest market in the world and we rank in the top 10 for people's satisfaction with their standard of living.
3. has "high levels of innovation and a strong infrastructure for entrepreneurship".
4. has an "highly effective and transparent government with low levels of corruption".
5. is overall the 13th most prosperous country in the world.
So, really we are quite lucky to be British aren't we... although Churchill's observation is also probably appropriate here:
"The British nation is unique in this respect. They are the only people who like to be told how bad things are, who like to be told the worst."