Thursday, July 24, 2008

Too close to call and I'm off to bed

On what has probably been the most momentous day since I've started blogging, I've had to do more *real* work in twelve hours, than I've managed in the last two weeks. So, instead of stopping up with some coffee for the East Glasgow result live, I'm off now to the land of nod.

Who's going to win though?

At 3.28 pm:
Latest gossip in Westminster is that the SNP is ahead in the Glasgow East by-election.

At 4.15 pm:
Scottish Labour officials believe they will narrowly win today's Glasgow East byelection but with a dramatically reduced majority despite a fiercely-fought campaign by the Scottish National party.


Ok, right then, that looks clear cut.

Anyway, I'll leave a happy thought from The Guardian for any Scottish Labour supporters reading:
The fate of 39 Labour MPs is at stake in Glasgow East

No comments: